Wednesday, June 22, 2011

One Year! Already??

Last Sunday marked our one year anniversary. REALLY?? It seems like just yesterday I was putting on that white dress, stepping into those cowgirl boots and walking down the grassy aisle. Its been an incredible year, and I am blessed to be married to Mr. Landon Baron.
Here are a few high lights from the first year:
  • Our wedding: so many family and friends in one place was like Heaven! Plus the 3.5 lb chocolate truffle was incredible
  • Our honeymoon: Central Oregon for eight days with no agenda, no responsibilites, and each other. Did I mention we didn't have an agenda??
  • The 1572 West Broadway house: though cold in the winter, it was a cute little place,perfectly situated near tons of fun stuff, and wonderful for taking walks.
  • Having my sister as a roommate before she moved overseas.
  • Weekends off: I had to start working nights instead, but oh well. I love having weekends off with Landon!
  • Mountain biking together!
  • Beginning attendance at Westside Church: such a unique group of people, and so what we both needed and wanted.
  • The Fendall Campout
  • Our birthday bash: backyard 'fiesta', again with a ton of favorite people, summer warmth and some sweet lights Steve made for us.
  • My road bike: happy birthday to me!
  • Bungee Jumping: Landon's birthday present!
  • Thanksgiving goodness: yum
  • Our Christmas tree: it took up 1/6 of our tiny living room. It was a presence.
  • The seven Christmas get togethers: yep. We made it to every one of them.
  • Random trip to PDX: fancy hotel room and The Civil Wars in concert. Lovely.
  • Weddings: Brian and Brittany Hughes, Scott and Erin Carroll, Ethan and Jessie Lohse, Justin and Carmen Meyers.
  • Random get togethers with friends: the Lenkers, Tim and Jen, Brittney, the Cantrall's, my awesome cousins!
  • Camping, fishing, mountain biking, runs, walks, coffee dates, sushi dinners, road trips...
  • Our second home: 2000 sq. ft. warehouse. Enough said.
  • Learning to be who we are, as a couple, and discovering what that means it all its contexts.
Landon Lee, I love you more today than I did a year ago, and look forward to another year full of adventure, craziness and a whole lot of fun. You are a better fit for me than I ever could have imagined, and I am so grateful for you every day.
Thank you for loving me. -- Your wifey

No comments:

Post a Comment