Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Miles to Go

I am continually challenged and humbled at where I find myself. I have acted out of selfishness, pain and insecurity towards the people who love me the most, and I have neglected obedience in order to remain comfortable. I have avoided certain thoughts in order to hold on to illusions, and have traded invaluable things for the temporary. It is halting to realize these things. Often I'm disgusted by them, stomach turning as memories flood back, and my knees get weak. They weaken to the point that I find myself kneeling. A perfect posture to be in. Vulnerable, humbled, repentant. And its there that I am reminded of grace. The whispers are spoken to my heart about the worth that He placed on my life despite myself, and what that translates to in my day to day. I am reassured of direction and reminded that I have miles to go, and that is completely ok. I'm told to not focus on the destination but enjoy the journey, investing in community wherever I can. Let no life go unnoticed, none is insignificant. Open up and demonstrate heart.
I am so thankful for grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment