Friday, December 10, 2010

Two and Six

I just realized I forgot to celebrate! Just this week I finished number 2 on the 25 before 25 list, which was to read all the Chronicles of Narnia books. There are seven in the series, and I definitely had moments of loving and not liking that I was reading them, but in the end I am glad I stuck it out. Lewis writes with great imagination and wonder, but also with a sense of gravity and sobriety. The parallels between the books and another book that I especially like (the Bible) were not only fun to realize but also intriguing. Who knows, reading these books may become a holiday tradition or something? Along with finishing number two, I began to work on number six. That is, I began ironing the squares for my quilt. They were already cut because we used them as flags at our wedding (my Aunt Carol did a fabulous job and I loved the effect), and instead of just discarding them I decided to utilize them in my first ever quilt. A few more squares to iron and then I can begin designing and sewing the pieces together. Pictures will follow...

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on finishing another one on your list! :) Can't wait to see pictures of the quilt!

    ReplyDelete