Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Bill Cunningham

If you have the ability, I strongly recommend the documentary, "Bill Cunningham New York." I just finished this fascinating movie and absolutely loved it.
I used to consider my intrigue with fashion and clothing something of vanity or narcissism, however, Mr. Cunningham put it into perfect perspective for me while answering questions in the documentary:
Fashion is the armour to deal with the reality of everyday life. You can't do away with it. It's like doing away with civilization.
Fashion is not necessary to life, but it makes it more colorful, pleasurable and bright.
On another note, this 80 year old man's fervor, passion and sheer joy towards his job is inspiring. I hope one day to feel the same way.
"He who seeks beauty will find it." - Bill Cunningham

No comments:

Post a Comment