Sunday, January 16, 2011

In My Distress...

A simple obedience resulted in a chest-pounding, respiration quickening, stomach wrenching experience as the whole world faded away and the veritable funnel of focus zeroed in. Like a twister eliminates everything in its path, so the words from up front removed all other noises, sights, and awareness. All of a sudden I was alone in the room, standing face to face with the overwhelming reality that even what I have tried to brush aside as trivial or ridiculous is important to my Father. As the explanation came forth of what was directed to be done, my nausea increased. It was for me. What was being said was overwhelmingly for me. And I had thought that it wasn't worth praying about, just a stupid series of dreams that would recede in time. Instead I was offered prayer, love and hope. Tears silently rolled down my cheeks as the heaviness was allowed space to weigh in. Even in tiredness and sleep, I have been seen. I am known. And He cares...

No comments:

Post a Comment