Monday, August 23, 2010

Nine Months Later

I have these really incredible friends. A group of women, all around my age, passionate about following hard after Jesus and loving on people. We all came to know one another through a college group we were going to, and bonds began to form, the ebb and flow between them changing, but nonetheless present. We've cried with each other, laughed with each other, and shared. They've supported me in my greatest adventures, and invited me to support them in theirs. Its a group of women I am incredibly thankful for.
This past weekend Erin got married. We all came together to once again offer our love, prayers and support, and as I looked at the picture of us and one exactly nine months earlier, I was amazed. Nine months ago, on November 21st, we had all convened in Bend, OR, for a getaway weekend. I was fresh off the plane from Rwanda, heart in shambles and jet-lagged. These women were each going through their own things, but as we got together there was encouragement. I was allowed to 'be', seemingly always apologizing for my social awkwardness, but gently told it was nothing to apologize for. We rested, laughed, played games, window shopped and had numerous conversations, ranging in topic from the incredible win the Ducks had pulled out to the deepest longings of our hearts for the next part of our lives. Providence brought us together that weekend, and I am forever grateful for it.
Since that November weekend, numerous events has transpired for us: weddings for two of us; travels to the likes of Kazakhstan and Australia; decisions to return to college; and much spiritual growth through various circumstances. It is amazing to me what can occur in a nine month period, and yet I am reminded through these pictures that relationships last, and are worth every effort to strengthen. So blessed by these women...
November 21, 2009 in Bend, OR
Nine months later, August 21, 2010, in Junction City, OR. (Missing Bec)

No comments:

Post a Comment