Wednesday, August 11, 2010

That Honey Sweetness, Again

For some reason, I am slightly more emotional right now than normal. Maybe its the thought of my older sister traveling far away and not staying at our house anymore. Maybe its the fragility of life I continue to witness at work. Maybe its the deep longing to return to a couple countries in East Africa. Maybe its the humility I witness in my husband each day... Whatever it is, pausing to sit gives the space and time to reflect and that in turn sometimes brings watery tears to my eyes. Its not that life is difficult right now. Quite the opposite is true, in fact. The last year of my life has been incredibly sweet and thick. I liken it to honey on cornbread. It just soaks in, covers and completely saturates the bread, and there is nothing but sweetness that is tasted afterwards. That is how the last year has been. And in honesty, I don't understand why. I have been so blessed and I don't understand why. I'm not boasting, I'm baffled. Who am I to receive this? And in moments when I stop and meditate on it all, I am overwhelmed. Absolutely and completely. My Father's grace, love and mercy is something I am daily in awe of and ruined by. Goodness. Thick, sweet and saturating. That's how good it is...

1 comment: