Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Summer Breeze

There was a certain feeling on the breeze. Opening the front door I was caught off guard by it, wondering what was different this time. The trees swayed as the mid-summer wind blew through them, and the sun was breaking through the clouds in a fashion I had seen before, though not on this continent. Walking onto the porch I was immediately returned to a country some thousand miles away, my heart and mind racing as I remembered what it had felt like there. Something about those brief moments yesterday returned me to Rwanda, and I felt a deep longing rise up again. It has never vanished, never waned. I crave the return like a baby craves his mother's embrace. The culture, the people, the land... I remember all the hardship and all the joys, equally as important and welcomed, and I again lift my eyes Heavenward. I am not in control of my life, it has been submitted to my Lord. If it is His good pleasure, wonderful. But if it is not, I stand content in Him, not in any earthly dwelling. I trust His plan and rest peacefully in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment